Far, we've been traveling far, without a home, but not without a star. Free, only want to be free, we huddle close, hang on to a dream. Home, to a new and a shiny place, make our bed and we'll say our grace, freedom's light burning warm. Got a dream they've come to share, they're coming to America.
America is a country made up of Immigrants. Immigrants who came to the land of The Native American Indians, the land that has become the United States Of America. Immigrants made America what it is today and immigrants continue to add to the strength and diverse fabric of our country. It begs the question … Who are these immigrants? We decided to reach out and meet them.
Welcome to our series “My Life Lessons Project Featuring Stories From Immigrants”. We humbly thank each one for courageously sharing their story with us. We invite you to listen to and share their stories with others.
Here are just a few of the questions we might ask during the interview:
- Where do you find your greatest inspiration here in the United States?
- How do you stay connected to your country’s traditions here in the United States?
- What has surprised you the most about being in the United States?
- What has brought you the greatest joy since arriving in the United States?
- Please describe in one sentence what being HERE means to YOU.
I am truly amazed at how many more opportunities are out there for people who want to grasp them - they are never ending!
To raise five wonderful human beings as amazing citizens is my contribution to being here in America and raising them in my faith is my aspect of being free.
Being here means to pay it forward and help others the way that I have been helped. This is what brings me joy about being here in the United States!